When it comes to obtaining auto insurance, it is important that you know details about auto insurance. Whether you want the minimum auto insurance legally required by your state or you want full coverage that will cover as much as possible, it will behoove you to know what all is covered in auto insurance. It is also important to know what is covered in your state for every state has its own regulations concerning different types of auto insurance coverage. Thus, the following are various types of auto insurance and what each one covers:
- Bodily injury liability- this applies to someone’s injuries caused by the designated driver, you. When driving another person’s vehicle with their permission, you and your loved ones are covered.
- Medical payments or personal injury protection (PIP)- the policyholder’s vehicle covers passengers and the driver’s injuries.
- Property damage liability- covers the other person’s property damages from a car accident caused by you or a driver who you permitted to drive your car.
- Collision-whether you are at-fault or not, your damages, you and your passengers’ injuries, and the other party’s injuries and damages are covered. This coverage is also for damage caused by potholes. Also, if the accident was not your fault, your insurance company can fight for you in getting reimbursed from the other party who is at fault.
- Comprehensive- you will get reimbursed for losses due to accidents caused by an object or another vehicle, acts of nature, such as a windstorm, earthquake, or hail, and other derivatives of damages, such as fire, or vandalism.
- Underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage- this covers you, your family, and someone you permitted to drive your car when an accident is caused by a driver with no or not enough insurance.
If you live in the Lynnwood, WA, or any area in Washington and you need assistance with auto insurance, contact Sound Choice Insurance Agency Inc. Sound Choice Insurance Agency Inc has been serving Lynnwood, WA and surrounding areas for decades. Thus, they will steer you in the right direction with auto insurance. Contact them now!